Tuesday, January 13, 2009

The Space Between...2008 and 2009

The month of January usually causes people to do three things:
1) reflect on the year past
2) conjure up dreams for the year ahead
3) plan vacations - Upstate NY in January is cold, grey, and uninspiring!

On the first two, I'd like to say the following:

1) I don't feel the need to sit and reflect on last year. It's still glaring right in my face.
2) Although I do have "dreams" that are yet unrealized, I'm going to resist the urge to assign them to this year.
I think I'll give this year a break, by letting it have no expectations placed on it. Think I can do it? It's going to be very hard!!! Especially since I'm the romantic type that likes to put all my hopes in the chance that something wonderful will or could happen in any given scenario. But, alas, I shall resist. I want God to lead my hopes and expectations this year. I don't want to develop my own (set up for failure), and then be disappointed in Him when they don't reach actualization.

For me, my only real hope for the new year is that the space between 2008 and 2009 be more filled with grace. And, come what may - that I'll be strong enough to be gracious in it.

No comments:

Post a Comment